Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Oishii Mochi - Mochi Sweets @ Gurney Plaza

It was a usual family outing and we just wanted to find a place for lunch. After that, I bumped into this outlet selling mochi at the basement of Gurney Plaza. My curiosity encourages me to buy it when I saw the big crowd making their purchase. Besides, I was attracted to its display and packaging as it was simple yet stylish and elegant. Initially we just wanted to buy a piece or two since it was quite expensive and we scare that it might not taste good. Ended up bought a box of 6 due to the opening sale promotion. Mochi Sweets sells pretty looking cute mochi, will it taste as good as the look???

Lucky us to become the first 200 customers to enjoy the promotional price
Per mochi @ RM 3.50 - RM 4.00 (depending on the fillings)

Every single of this little cute thing looks so tempting and delicious. wish that I can try all of it... @.@


12 flavors set @ RM 40.00
Peach cream, caramel macchiato, purple potato, red bean, green tea, strawberry, sakura, mango yoghurt, blueberry cream, chestnut cream, black chocolate and cream chocolate.

6 Top selling flavors set @ RM 21.00
Green tea, red bean, cream chocolate, mango yoghurt, blueberry cream & chestnut cream

When you purchase the set, you will be given a box of frozen mochi and you are required to thaw your mochi for 30 minutes before eating. That is to ensure that the skin is soft and squishy enough to enjoy. I felt so shock that the staff taking out the box from the freezer and thought it might not be very fresh. Well, I know I should taste it first before making any judgement  The recommended defrost time is 20 minutes in summer and 40 minutes in winter and best consumed when mochi skin turns soft (printed inside the box as above).


These mochi’s size are approximately 5-6cm in diameter. Flavour and texture wise, the mochi was yummy. The mochi’s skin was chewy and squishy, filled with generous amount of filling. It wasn’t too sweet and the cream was relatively thick and smooth. My favourite among all was the chestnut cream!!! In fact, I enjoyed all the flavours (*except the blueberry cream which I felt so artificial) which were all unique in its own way. Just one word to describe it after my first bite, おいしい!!!

It definitely makes a perfect sweet ending after a meal!!!
Good things are to be shared with the loved ones

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...